The accounting field offers an array of educational and career opportunities. The median annual wage for accounting professionals is nearly double the national average for all occupations, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Many students, however, struggle to pay for their education. Thankfully, students can receive financial aid from different sources, including scholarships. Scholarships, unlike loans, do not require repayment, making them an ideal form of financial aid.
For this reason, Ageras has created the Ageras Accounting Scholarship to assist aspiring accounting professionals.
Scholarship amount: $1000
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Studying a major in accounting or accounting-related subjects at the undergraduate or graduate levels.
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent per semester) or full-time graduate (9 semester hours or equivalent per semester) for the entire 2022-23 academic year
- Financial need (i.e., not receiving a scholarship or grant that covers and/or exceeds the amount of one's educational expenses).
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
To apply, please send an email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your University Name
- Your Major
- Describe yourself, why you want to pursue accounting, and why this scholarship would be beneficial for you in 500 words.